Thursday, February 19, 2009

So today i was reading in James, and came accross James 3:4 (When you ask, you do not recieve, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your own pleasures) OH my goodness.... Ever have those Ah Ha moments?! I feel like ive been praying and praying for things i want and i know that God can do (duh he can do everything and anything) But he never answered my prayers.. atleast not in the way i wanted him to. I would ask for things, but not listen for the answer.(ecclestiastes 5:2) Just make it happen God, and we will be friends. Too bad it doesnt work like that. God wants a relationship, with me, and i have been trying to take advantage of Him. I have been praying for things for myself and other people the wrong way. God make this happen to my satisfaction, or pleasure, or convience. I should be praying for Gods will instead. God doesnt answer our selfish prayers. I say God i will be happy if i had a boy friend or money or to be pretty, so make or give me those things. Instead i should be saying. God make me happy in a way that only you know how, a completelly fulfilling way. Like Jesus said to the Samaritian woman at the well "Everyone who drinks from this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks from the water i will give him will never be thirsty again. The water i will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." I want that water, and he is willing to give it to me. The hard part is humbling myself, and accepting it.

No comments: